Saturday, October 22, 2011

Today I went fabric shopping for a dress I've been requested to have made. I love the fabric I chose; a golden-brown kitenge (popular African fabric) with some beautiful embellishments, and a plain black stiff kitenge.
Golden-brown kitenge with silver embellishment
Shiny-stiff black kitenge

The client preferred green and/or brown as a choice of color.
I had a bit of trouble getting the exact brown and green combination that i wanted, cause the fabric was either too expensive, or it was finished, or it just dint suit the design I had in mind, but when I came across this particular kitenge, my eyes lit up. I found it so beautiful; the fabric was available in green, a dirty blue, brown (I dint pick that one cause I dint like the particular embellishments it had and they were a tad bit too much), and some other colors that I don't particularly remember( not very eye catching I guess), but I settled for this.
Here is how the combination of the two would look #African royalty.

I'm thinking of adding a little bit of green as well (still yet to figure out where exactly) to try and meet the clients taste. I dropped it at my tailors today so i'm looking forward to seeing how it turns out. Watch out for the big reveal.

No comments:

Post a Comment