Friday, May 17, 2013

Wedding Fashion; Real Stories Part II


I trust that you have had enough time to digest on our first lovely couple. J

So let us meet couple number 2: Moses and Faith.

I first knew these two through Moses. Very pleasant smart young IT gentleman, whom we attended the same church, as well as work together in mentoring teenagers. A couple f years back, I remember telling him he needs to get a social life (for he revealed to me he didn't have one, was a workaholic,  and for him it was the routine work, home church). The rest of the crew together with the youth pastor used to pester him about time ticking and he needs to start thinking of settling down.

Only about a year later, I believe, after getting his wheels thinking about life outside work and the norm, I got to discover that there was a lady in the background. Faith was her name. I had never seen her before, though she attended the same church. Faith is very quiet, reserved, but strong-willed, and would rather operate from the background than being in the spot light, hence the reason I had never noticed her before.
We began to communicate when Moses requested that I do a dress for her, for an occasion she was planning to attend. I did, she liked, and again I did a second one for her, and from then, she decided that she would want me to do her bridesmaid’s dresses.Click here and hereto have a glimpse of the outfits.

As I mentioned in my previous post, most brides tend to know what they want, so she presented me with the design she had settled with for her ladies. My job was to make it come alive. J

The Dress:

The Translation:
Two of the brides maids opted to have sleeves put on the dresses (another whole other post), so in the word of Timm Gun, We made it Work!

Here are the rest of the pics from their lovely wedding. :)



I am glad to have been a part of making this lovely union possible, and House of Valentcia would love to wish this lovely couple, a life time of joy and prosperity in their journey together. :)


2 comments:

  1. jemmiebridals@gmail.comMay 18, 2013 at 2:58 AM

    Lovely..as i wish them happiness, good job val keep it rolling we can work together as i sale wedding gowns maybe i can contact you to make the many bridesmaid dresses..ama?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Val..good stuff..very humbling for you to share our story here..:-)baraka..

    ReplyDelete