Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Still figuring it out, by Tavi Gevinson - my interpretation



I came across, a very interesting video post by the infamous fashion blogger Tavi Gevinson, and I think my whole perspective about her has completely changed. There’s a general tendency and feeling that fashonistas (generally people in the fashion industry) are a bunch of superficial shallow and snotty human beings. Well to some extent I think that is true (I am yet to know why), but lisening to Tavi, made me smile, and made me rethink a bit about my opinion of her.

Still figuring it out; - a talk given at a Tedx Teen seminar (TEDx an NGO devoted  to creating forums of sharing great ideas), was addressed mainly to teenage girls, but I think her talk is relevant to today’s woman. Exploring the idea of who and what a strong female character is today, I liked the way she laid her idea on the table.

A strong female character is not what you see in magazines or movies. The key to a strong female character is flaws. And the key to being one is being the proverbs 31 woman.

I don't want to spoil the the story, but will let you watch listen to the video, and we can pick each others brains on who we think this character is.

No comments:

Post a Comment