Friday, February 18, 2011

VALENTINE FASHION

This week, red was the new black as the whole world celebrated the season of love. Personally I think valentines is over rated, and we shouldn’t celebrate love on only one day of an entire 365 days. But to all of you that really feel the valentines vibe, happy valentines. For the record, I never wear or do anything with red on valentines. It’s the only day I detest the colour red.

So yesterday I attended a mini fashion show, at my school.
It was a valentines-black history month concert/fashion show. This time round I decided to take chill pill, take a back seat and see what other people have to offer. It’s only fair any way.

Generally the concert was rather a bore, maybe except for one or two performances, but that’s beside the point. As you can guess the reason why I attended the event, was for the fashion show. It was just as I expected; boring-OK. The music was just randomly played/selected; choreography, and the hair and make-up gave the feeling of a beauty pagent rather than fashion show...*bleah*. models-hmmm wunt go ther, but i'll cut them some slack since they weren't proffessionals. There were signs of having a clothes vendor calling themselves a designer. Really disappointing, and this is what I will forever screaming at - STOP!!!! I felt somewhat drained at the end of it all. However, considering majority of the designers slipped my fingers for interviewing, I will choose to assume, that they were all original creations.

Regardless of all that, let’s give credit where it is due. There were a few creative pieces that I saw, so thank God, there are some signs of talent.

Here are afew of my favorites that I managed to capture;

designers from top to bottom: Julia Wangui, La Bonita Designs, Lavada Sempele,Caroline Kiplagat and Shaba House of Fashion




Sigh, and so, the search continues...

2 comments:

  1. Big-ups to the designers. La Bonita Designs and Julia Wangui seem to have a crisp and urban feel to them.. The pieces are young and are a breath of fresh air, not the usual dresses that we have been seeing everywhere.
    Remember that a quality product is key.
    Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Quality is definatley key. we support great talent. Thanks for the support.

    ReplyDelete